Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Pediatrics:
- One of the best places to live in the Carolinas - we truly have it all! We have a major international airport in town, are just a few hours to the mountains and the beach, have phenomenal arts and cultural events, affordable housing, world-class dining and shopping, and many popular pro and college sports teams that call our city home!
- Great place to raise a family - affordable housing, excellent public and private schools, and multiple universities located throughout the city
- Full benefits package including excellent healthcare plans, an outstanding paid time off program (35 days in your first year) and an industry leading retirement package
- Our client employs the most CNS' in the state - very strong level of support and collaboration
- Relocation assistance available!
About the Hospital:
- Magnet designated, not for-profit, major academic health center that is part of a world-renowned health system
- Served its community for over a century
- Strong level of support from nursing administration and the Vice President of Patient Care Services that allows the CNS to practice to their full scope.
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Pediatrics Position:
- Population based position focused on the care of our pediatric patients
- Our CNS's are well supported by a team of educators - this is a TRUE CNS position
- Pediatric nursing background is required (expertise in critical care, oncology and/or med/surg is helpful but not required)
- New Grad CNS' may also apply (must have previous pediatric nursing experience in an acute care hospital)
- Position will function as an expert in clinical practice, leader, researcher and consultant and will influence the three spheres of practice (patient care, nursing and systems)
- Introduce and utilize evidence-based practice, standards of care, and research to transform practice within the workforce and organization to enhance quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency
- Exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice, Education and Research
- Position will report directly to the Director of Nursing
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required
- National Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- We will consider New Grad CNS' with at least three (3) years clinical nursing experience in the care of pediatric patients
- Be able to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders to ensure the highest quality and patient outcomes
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.