Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Surgical Services
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Surgical Services:
- Our client is part of a world-renowned, comprehensive academic medical center and research facility in a major Southeastern US metro location
- Position will support the orthopedics/spine service line
- Full benefits package, flexible scheduling, tuition reimbursement, wellness incentives, FSA and HSA plans, generous PTO, automatic 2% employer paid retirement and up to a 4% employer 403b matching plan, and relocation assistance will be offered!
About the Hospital/Department:
- Magnet designated, Top 100 Orthopedic Hospital part of a world-renowned, progressive academic medical center and teaching hospital
- Top 25 Worldwide Hospital as rated by Newsweek, Top Hospital in the State as rated by US News and World Report
- Outcomes driven, teaching environment that is not satisfied with the status quo. Always seeking to improve and bring evidence based practice to the department and system.
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Surgical Services Position:
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will receive a very high level of support from the Chief Nursing Officer and nursing leadership team.
- Position reports to a transformational and collaborative CNO who believes in advocating for the team to help them deliver the best patient care, and has been with the system for over 25 years.
- Position will focus on unit based initiatives and projects, standardizing processes and practices, participating at the system level leading quality teams, looking at practices, identifying gaps in care, and follow through on any findings to ensure the department is providing the safest level of care,
- Highly collaborative role - will work closely with CNS peers, nursing leadership, and physicians/intensivists
- Position will collaborate and consult in the management of complex patient and family care by demonstrating clinical expertise
- Will have opportunity to participate in high level, complex research projects
- Exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Surgical Services Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (CNS track)
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in ortho/med/surg
- Must be able to use specialized knowledge and skills within the three spheres of influence (patient/family, nurses and organization/system)
- Clinical nursing experience in an academic medical center is preferred
- Must be able to adapt to change, and possess excellent teamwork skills
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.