Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist:
- The community was named the Best Place to Live in the state. Central SE location - within 30 minutes from major international airport
- Full benefits package including excellent healthcare plans, flexible spending accounts, 2% automatic employer retirement contribution and additional match of up to 4%, tuition reimbursement assistance, and MUCH more!
- Relocation assistance will be offered!
About the Hospital:
- Premier 450 bed hospital part of a world-renowned, non-profit, progressive and growing multiple campus health system
- Served its community for over 30 years
- Preparing to begin its Magnet journey!
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist Position:
- Several CNS positions are available and we will consider New Grads!
- Med/Surg, Oncology, Diabetic/Renal, Neuroscience, ICU, ER, Women's Health and Surgical Services are all desirable clinical backgrounds
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will receive a very high level of support from the Chief Nursing Officer and nursing leadership team.
- Position will collaborate and consult in the management of complex patient and family care by demonstrating clinical expertise within a specialty through the integration of advanced skills, knowledge, competencies, and practice.
- You will be very well supported by a team of educators - this is a true CNS position, not an educator role
- Introduce and utilize evidence-based practice, standards of care, and research to transform practice within the workforce and organization to enhance quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice, Education and Research.
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in any of the following areas: Med/Surg, Oncology, Diabetic/Renal, Critical Care, Emergency Department, Women's Health, or Surgical Services
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), or able to obtain CNS certification prior to start date
- Must be able to speak effectively before large and small groups
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.