Senior Director of Surgical Services (RN)
Highlights/Benefits for the Senior Director of Surgical Services (RN):
- Multi-campus oversight
- Reports directly to the System Chief Nursing Officer
- Position is well-supported by a team of Nurse Managers, a Business Manager, and several Clinical Coordinators
- Competitive base salary, relocation assistance and a generous sign on bonus will be provided
- Position is well supported by a Nurse Manager, team of Charge Nurses, Sterile Processing Leader, and a full time Educator
About the Hospital and Department:
- Health System / Hospital: Growing, financially stable, MAGNET designated, not for profit health system
- Our flagship hospital is a level III trauma center and we are known best for our general, orthopedics, open heart, GYN, Neuro, Spine, Pain Mgt and ENT/Eye surgeries
- Mid-Atlantic US location
- Central location near the beaches and just a short drive to Philadelphia, Baltimore, and New Jersey
- Position open due to previous Executive Director's retirement
About the Senior Director of Surgical Services (RN) Position:
In this role, you will direct the daily operations of the surgical services department and manage a team of over 200 FTE's. You will provide mentoring to your leaders and staff, ensure collaborative and positive physician relationships, create and implement process improvements, ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, and develop strategic goals and objectives for the department. Our ideal candidate will possess the heart of a servant leader and should be able to build and maintain positive relationships across all levels.
Qualifications & Requirements for Senior Director of Surgical Services (RN):
- Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) required
- RN Active License
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive surgical services leadership experience at Director level or above in an inpatient surgical services setting
- Nursing Executive Board Certification (NE-BC) and CNOR are highly desirable
- Must be detail oriented
- Should be able to demonstrate a proven track record of success in surgical services leadership and position stability
- Must possess excellent communication skills across all levels
- Collaborative, team building personality style
- Servant leader mindset that is able to help a team navigate growth and the opening of a brand new hospital
About the Community:
Our client is located in a coastal community of 40k residents and offers a low cost of living, easy access to both the beach and the big city, affordable housing, wonderful outdoor activities, excellent shopping and dining, and year round events and festivals. If you are ready to escape the rat race and enjoy life in a quaint, charming, yet growing community, we would love to talk to you.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.
Nealy Pierce is leading the way for Nursing Leadership opportunities. We take the time to truly understand your situation and what is most important to you before recommending any opportunity. If you are seeking another position, please view our Available Positions @ Jobs.NealyPierce.com. We are working on new positions all the time, so if you can't find what you're looking for please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a Career Consultant will reach out to you.