Nealy Pierce has been retained by a nonprofit, academic medical center currently pursuing Magnet that is part of a world-renowned, leading healthcare system to help them identify and attract a Nursing Specialist, Surgical / Perioperative Services to join its Surgical / Perioperative Services team.
This is an amazing opportunity to participate in one of the top programs in the region for one of the nation's top hospitals!
Highlights/Benefits for the Nursing Specialist, Surgical / Perioperative:
- Central Mid-Atlantic US location that is consistently rated as one of the best metropolitan places to live in the US for families, millennials, and those approaching retirement age. This city and region has something for everyone!
- You can have it all living here - central location, affordable homes, year round mild climate, easy access to a major international airport, a quick drive to the mountains AND the beach, excellent public and private schools and universities, world-class shopping and dining, phenomenal arts/cultural events, hiking and biking trails, nearby rivers and lakes for boating and fishing, and so much more!
- Full benefits package including excellent healthcare plans, generous PTO, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement assistance, automatic employer retirement plan and 403b match
- Relocation assistance will be offered!
About the Hospital:
- Hospital: 500+ bed, not for-profit, progressive and growing multiple campus academic medical center and health system
- Currently pursuing Magnet - utilizes shared governance and unit based councils
- Major focus on research initiatives and providing the highest quality and safety to its community
- Served its community for over 50 years
- CNS' receive a strong level of support from nursing administration and the Vice President of Patient Care Services
About the Nursing Specialist, Surgical / Perioperative Position:
- Function as an expert in clinical practice, leader, researcher and consultant and will function as a member of the nursing education team
- Support the Operating Rooms, Ambulatory Surgery Unit and PACU departments. Our client performs all surgeries except transplants and open hearts.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care of patients/clients within area of specialization.
- Promotes continuity of nursing care by direct and indirect intervention.
- Performs needs assessments, develops, and implements clinical programs (e.g. support groups, outpatient follow-ups) to meet health related needs of patients/clients.
- Coordinates and implements research protocols
- Provides clinical expertise in nursing research as required. May initiate original research, and/or participates in research initiated by others.
Qualifications and Requirements of the Nursing Specialist, Surgical / Perioperative Role:
- Master's degree required (preferably in Nursing, if not Bachelor's must be in Nursing)
- At least 2-3 years of Nursing Educator experience in surgical / perioperative services (Operating Room experience is required)
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- CPR certification required
- At least 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience in an inpatient operating room (OR) setting in an acute care hospital
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels
- Ability to deliver and present information to multiple levels of the hospital and system
- Be able to build and nurture positive relationships with staff and physicians
- Able to stay up to date with current and developing trends in surgical / perioperative services and nursing
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.
Jill Jarufe | Vice President, Nursing
Jill@np-hc.com | 972.318.9803
Nealy Pierce, LLC | Healthcare
www.NP-HC.com | Open Positions