Nealy Pierce has been engaged by an award winning, faith based, non-profit community hospital in the Midwestern US Region to help them identify a new Director of Surgical Services (RN) to join its high-performing, patient focused, quality driven team. Our client has served its community for over 65 years, is currently pursuing MAGNET, is Leapfrog A Rated, and was the only healthcare system in the country to receive the prestigious Baldridge Award for Quality for 2018. They are the county's sole hospital and serve an eight (8) county region.
In this role, you will manage a growing Surgical Services Department which includes the Operating Rooms, Outpatient Surgery, PACU, GI, Sterile Processing and Anesthesia Departments. The hospital performs approximately 5,000 annual procedures, and the Director will report to a transformation and collaborative Chief Nursing Officer. The Director of Surgical Services (RN) will be very well-supported by four (4) managers and a team of 130 FTE’s.
The Director of Surgical Services (RN) should be a transformational and inspirational team builder who is able to focus on data and quality to drive improvements, and to encourage open communication between departments to ultimately achieve and provide the highest and safest level of patient care. The position just opened in February and is open to the former Director’s retirement.
Requirements for Director of Surgical Services (RN):
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required / Master’s degree (MSN, MBA, MHA) preferred
- RN Active License Required
- At least 3 years of surgical / perioperative services leadership experience at the Director level required
- Ability to build collaboration across departments and within the hospital
- Exceptional communication skills
- Transformational and inspirational leadership style
Compensation and Benefits for the Director of Surgical Services (RN):
- Competitive base salary (dependent on experience)
- Relocation assistance / potential sign on bonus
- Choice of three medical plans, two dental plans, two vision plans, life insurance and disability, pharmacy benefits, telemedicine, wellness plans, HSA and FSA plans, 401k matching plan, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO program and MORE!
About the Area:
- Recipient of the State’s “Community of the Year Award” in 2018
- Rated as a "Best US City to Live In" in 2018 by USA Today
- Family friendly community with affordable home prices, low crime, excellent public and private schools, close knit community, and a strong economy
- River trails, hiking, biking, golf and year round outdoor activities are also abundant in this lovely and quaint mid-size community
- Cost of living is 8% lower than the national average
For immediate and confidential consideration, please forward your resume via the attached link.
Nealy Pierce is leading the way for Nursing Leadership opportunities. We take the time to truly understand your situation and what is most important to you before recommending any opportunity. If you are seeking another position, please view our Available Positions @ Jobs.NealyPierce.com. We are working on new positions all the time, so if you can't find what you're looking for please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a Career Consultant will reach out to you.