Nealy Pierce has been engaged by a prominent and growing 300+ bed not-for-profit community hospital in the Southeast US, to help them identify a new Director, Medical/Surgical (RN). In this role, you will manage a busy and growing 30+ bed unit that primarily treats a variety of patients including orthopedic and neurology patients. You will be well-supported by an Assistant Manager and Unit Educator and have a team of over 65 FTE's. The position reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Our client is a financially sound, growing, nonprofit hospital that has served its community for over 60 years, and is recognized as an Orthopedic Center of Excellence and is an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic leader with a proven track record of success in managing a similar sized department, staffing and production strategies, compliance with regulatory agencies, and reimbursement policies and guidelines. We have an experienced team of staff nurses and providers who have a strong collaborative working relationship and a solid reputation within the organization.
Our community is known for its warm southern hospitality, affordable housing, mild climate, year round outdoor activities, and central location. We are located just two hours from Birmingham and Atlanta, four hours to New Orleans and less than a three hour drive to the beaches of Destin! We think you'll love it here as much as we do!
Director Medical/Surgical (RN) Benefits / Highlights:
- Competitive base salary, bonus incentive, relocation assistance and sign-on bonus eligible, Medical/Dental/Vision, 403b matching plan, PTO, and MUCH more
- Paid continuing education, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities
- Well supported by an Assistant Manager and Unit Educator
- Reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer
Director Medical/Surgical (RN) Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required / Master's degree preferred
- RN Active License
- Two (2) years minimum medical/surgical leadership experience required
- Five (5) years minimum medical/surgical RN experience required
- Strong Orthopedic or Neurological background as a staff nurse preferred
- Ability to delegate daily operations, provide vision, motivation and mentorship to the unit staff
- Strong physician relationship building skills
For more information or to confidentially inquire, please send a Microsoft Word version of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jill Jarufe, MBA | Team Leader
Jill@np-hc.com | 972.318.9803