Director, Emergency Department (RN)
- Position will provide the strategic and inspirational Emergency Department leadership to a Magnet designated Level II Trauma Center
- Progressive, research oriented hospital that utilizes evidence based practice to provide excellence in patient care
- Utilizes shared governance and unit based councils
- Serves a community of over 500,000 residents in Central Virginia
- Generous sign on bonus and relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate
About the Hospital and Department:
- Hospital: State of the art, non-profit, Magnet designated level II trauma center
- Central Virginia location
- Our Emergency Department sees over 80k annual visits and this position will have responsibility for over 135 FTE's
- Well supported by a team of managers, clinical nurse specialists and educators
About the Position:
Our ideal candidate will be a inspirational, dynamic and innovative leader who is comfortable leading change and improving the overall quality of care in a Level II Trauma Center. Primary responsibilities will include providing the 24/7 strategic and visionary leadership for the department, serving as a mentor to the nursing team, ensuring regulatory compliance, identifying process improvements, establishing goals and objectives for the department, and building positive relationships and across all levels.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required / Master's degree preferred (or willing to obtain)
- RN Active License Commonwealth of Virginia
- 5+ years of ER clinical nursing experience required
- 3 years of current/recent ER leadership experience in a trauma center
- Must have a demonstrated track record of success in achieving improvements in an Emergency Department
- Collaborative, team building personality style
About the Community:
Our community of over 80,000 residents is known for southern hospitality and friendly, laid back lifestyle. Living here, you will enjoy a low cost of living, affordable housing, excellent schools, four seasons, year round cultural events, a revitalized downtown with new shops and restaurants, and plethora of family friendly activities. It's a wonderful place to call home and to be able to make a difference in providing the best patient care to your local community! If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we want to talk with you.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.
Nealy Pierce is leading the way for Nursing Leadership opportunities. We take the time to understand your situation and what is most important to you before recommending any opportunity. If you are looking for another position, check out our Available Positions @ Jobs.NealyPierce.com. We are working on new positions all the time, so if you can't find what you're looking for email email@example.com and a Career Consultant will reach out to you to get a better understanding of what you're looking for and if we have something available.