Highlights/Benefits for the CNS, Clinical Nurse Specialist ICU:
- Position is located in a major metropolitan city with easy access to both the mountains and the coast
- Rare opportunity to be involved in both unit based and system level initiatives/projects and research opportunities
- Full benefits package, tuition and certification reimbursement, PTO, 403b matching plan, relocation assistance and a potential sign on bonus will be offered to the successful candidate!
About the Hospital:
- 450+ bed academic medical center currently pursuing MAGNET designation
- Member of a world-renowned, progressive and research focused academic health system
- Stable, visible executive leadership team that understands the value of the CNS to the organization and community
About the CNS, Clinical Nurse Specialist ICU:
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will receive a very high level of support from the Chief Nursing Officer and nursing leadership team.
- Position will collaborate and consult in the management of complex patient and family care by demonstrating clinical expertise within a specialty through the integration of advanced skills, knowledge, competencies, and practice.
- CNS' are very well supported by a team of educators
- Responsiblities include: introducing and utilizing evidence-based practice, standards of care, and research to transform practice within the organization to enhance quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice, Education and Research.
Qualifications and Requirements of the CNS, Clinical Nurse Specialist ICU:
- A Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is a Master's or Doctoral prepared Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) whose function is to improve outcomes in patient care. The CNS is an expert in clinical practice, patient education, research, and consultation and uses these roles to influence the three spheres of practice: patient care, nursing, and systems.
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (CNS track)
- Active RN License
- Must have national certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Must be able to use specialized knowledge and skills within the three spheres of influence (patient/family, nurses and organization/system)
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in critical care/ICU
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.
Jill Jarufe | Vice President, Nursing
Jill@np-hc.com | 972.318.9803
Nealy Pierce, LLC | Healthcare
www.NP-HC.com | Open Positions