Nealy Pierce has been retained by a nonprofit, academic medical center currently pursuing Magnet to help them identify and attract a Clinical Nurse Specialist, Surgical Services to join its team. This role serve as the clinical expert for the service line, focusing on Research, Evidence-Based Practices, and Implementing EBP to the bedside.
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Surgical Services:
- Central Mid-Atlantic US location that is consistently rated as a great place to live for families, millennials, and those approaching retirement age. This city and region has something for everyone!
- You can truly have it all living here - central Mid-Atlantic location, affordable homes, year round mild climate, easy access to a major international airport, a quick drive to the mountains AND the beach, excellent public and private schools and universities, world-class shopping and dining, phenomenal arts/cultural events, hiking and biking trails, nearby rivers and lakes for boating and fishing, and so much more!
- Full benefits package and relocation assistance will be offered!
About the Hospital:
- 500+ bed, not for-profit, progressive, growing hospital that is a member of an internationally recognized, research driven academic health system
- Currently pursuing Magnet designation
- Hospital utilizes shared governance and unit based councils
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist, Surgical Services will collaborate across all levels, and be well-supported by a team of CNS colleagues
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Surgical Services Position:
- Introduce and utilize evidence-based practice, standards of care, and research to transform practice within the workforce and organization to enhance quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency
- Function as an expert in clinical practice, leader, researcher and consultant and will influence three spheres of influence (patient care, nursing and systems) and will function as a member of the nursing education team
- Exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice, Education and Research
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Surgical Services Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required, CNS track
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- National Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) preferred /or must be able to obtain
- We will consider new graduate CNS candidates with at least 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience in an inpatient operating room (OR) setting
What is a Clinical Nurse Specialist?
- A Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is a Master's or Doctoral prepared Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) whose function is to improve outcomes in patient care. The CNS is an expert in clinical practice, patient education, research, and consultation and uses these roles to influence the three spheres of practice: patient care, nursing, and systems.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.