Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Critical Care:
- The community was named one of the "Happiest and Healthiest Cities in America"
- Centrally located - a short drive to Richmond, Virginia and Raleigh / Durham, NC
- Our community offers southern charm, year round outdoor activities, unique shops, local wineries and gastropubs, wonderful restaurants and an affordable cost of living. A short drive to the mountains and the lake!
- Great place to raise a family - affordable housing, excellent public and private schools, and eight (8) universities located within one hour of the city!
- Full benefits package including excellent healthcare plans, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement assistance, 403b matching plan, and MUCH more!
- Relocation assistance and a generous sign on bonus will be offered!
About the Hospital:
- 350+ bed, Magnet designated, not for-profit, growing level II trauma center with a variety of services including: cardiac, orthopedics, oncology, pediatrics, critical care, women's services, neurology and neurosurgery, and behavioral health
- Our team has a strong focus on quality improvement, evidence based research, and providing the highest level of patient care to its community
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Critical Care Position:
- We are seeking RN's with experience in any of the following areas: critical care, ER, med/surg, wound care, diabetic/renal, oncology, women's services, and surgical services.
- Wonderful opportunity to work in a collegial and collaborative environment with an incredible group of CNS' and nursing leaders with excellent opportunities for growth and mentorship
- Position will collaborate and consult in the management of complex patient and family care by demonstrating clinical expertise within a specialty through the integration of advanced skills, knowledge, competencies, and practice.
- Our CNS' are well supported by a team of clinical educators - this is a true CNS position, not an educator role
- Introduce and utilize evidence-based practice, standards of care, and research to transform practice within the workforce and organization to enhance quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice, Education and Research.
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Critical Care Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital setting (critical care experience is strongly preferred)
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) or able to obtain prior to start date
- Must be able to speak effectively before large and small groups
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.