Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Perioperative
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Perioperative:
- Population based position - will be responsible for the entire service line of orthopedics / total joints
- Our client is part of a world-renowned, comprehensive academic medical center and research facility in a major Southeastern US metro location
- Full benefits package, flexible scheduling, tuition reimbursement, wellness incentives, FSA and HSA plans, generous PTO, automatic 2% employer paid retirement and up to a 4% employer 403b matching plan, and relocation assistance will be offered!
About the Hospital/Department:
- Magnet designated specialty hospital part of a world-renowned academic medical center and teaching hospital / health system
- Top 25 Worldwide Hospital as rated by Newsweek, Top Hospital in the state as rated by US News and World Report
- Outcomes driven, teaching environment. Always seeking to improve and bring evidence based practice to the department and system.
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Perioperative:
- This is a TRUE CNS position with a leading, world-renowned health system. This is not an educator role.
- Position will focus on system initiatives and projects, standardizing processes and practices, participating at the system level leading quality teams, looking at practices, identifying gaps in care, and follow through on any findings to ensure the department is providing the safest level of care to its patients
- Reports to a transformational and collaborative Nursing Executive who believes in advocating for her team to help them deliver the best patient care, and has been with the system for over 15 years.
- Highly collaborative role - will work closely with CNS peers, nursing leadership, and physicians/intensivists across the continuum of care
- Position will collaborate and consult in the management of complex patient and family care by demonstrating clinical expertise
- Will have opportunity to participate in high level, complex research projects
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Perioperative Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (CNS track)
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in an orthopedics/surgical services setting
- Must be able to use specialized knowledge and skills within the three spheres of influence (patient/family, nurses and organization/system)
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.