Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Neurology ICU
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Neurology ICU:
- Magnet designated, 500+ bed non profit academic medical center
- Major metropolitan Southeastern US location
- Position will be responsible for serving as the clinical expert for a very busy Neurology ICU Unit
- Competitive salary based on experience and full benefits package including: tuition reimbursement, generous PTO, excellent 403b matching plan and employer funded retirement package, relocation assistance
About the Hospital/Department:
- Outcomes driven, teaching environment that is always seeking improvement
- Utilizes shared governance and evidence based practice, highly collaborative team environment
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Neurology ICU Position:
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will support the Neurology ICU patient population and will receive a very high level of support from the Chief Nursing Officer and nursing leadership team.
- Position reports to a transformational and collaborative Nursing Director who believes in advocating for her team to help them deliver the best patient care, and has been with the system for the majority of her nursing career.
- Position will focus on developing and managing initiatives and projects, standardizing processes and practices, participating at the system level leading quality teams, looking at practices, identifying gaps in care, and following through on any findings to ensure the department is providing the safest level of care,
- CNS will exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Neurology ICU Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (CNS track)
- New Grad CNS' will be considered!
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) required or must be able to obtain
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in a neurology ICU setting
- Must be able to use specialized knowledge and skills within the three spheres of influence (patient/family, nurses and organization/system)
- Must be able to adapt to change, and possess excellent teamwork skills
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.