Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical/Surgical
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical/Surgical:
- World-renowned, comprehensive academic medical center and research facility
- 2x Magnet designated 600+ bed teaching hospital and research center
- Position will support a very busy medical teaching unit that treats a variety of highly acute, complex patients
- Full benefits package, flexible scheduling, tuition reimbursement, wellness incentives, FSA and HSA plans, generous PTO, automatic 2% employer paid retirement and up to a 4% employer 403b matching plan, and relocation assistance will be offered!
About the Hospital/Department:
- 600+ bed not for-profit, progressive academic medical center and teaching hospital
- Top 25 Worldwide Hospital as rated by Newsweek, Top Hospital in the State as rated by US News and World Report
- Position will support a very busy general medical teaching unit that receives a variety of complex, highly acute patients who come here from all over the world.
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical/Surgical Position:
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will receive a very high level of support from the Chief Nursing Officer and nursing leadership team.
- Position reports to a transformational and collaborative Nursing Executive
- Position will focus on unit based initiatives and projects, standardizing processes and practices, participating at the system level leading quality teams, looking at practices, identifying gaps in care, and follow through on any findings to ensure the department is providing the safest level of care
- Highly collaborative role - will work closely with CNS peers, nursing leadership, and physicians/intensivists
- Will have opportunity to participate in high level, complex, innovative research projects
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical Surgical Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (CNS track)
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum five (5) years recent clinical nursing experience in a highly acute critical care/ICU or Medical Surgical setting
- Must be able to use specialized knowledge and skills within the three spheres of influence (patient/family, nurses and organization/system)
- Clinical nursing experience in an academic medical center is preferred
- Must be able to adapt to change, and possess excellent teamwork skills
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.