Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical/Surgical
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical/Surgical:
- Comprehensive academic medical center and research facility in a major Southeastern US city
- Magnet designated 500+ bed academic medical center
- Position will support a growing and busy general medical/surgical unit that treats a variety of highly acute, complex patients
- Full benefits package, flexible scheduling, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO, automatic employer paid retirement, employer 403b matching plan, and relocation assistance will be offered!
About the Hospital/Department:
- 500+ bed not for-profit, progressive academic medical center
- Patient types include renal, cardiology, diabetic, respiratory, and COPD patients
- Zero nursing vacancies on the unit with a very high retention rate and employee engagement level
- Outcomes driven, teaching environment that is not satisfied with the status quo. Always seeking to improve and bring evidence based practice to the department and system.
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical Surgical Position:
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will receive a very high level of support from the Chief Nursing Officer and nursing leadership team.
- Position will focus on unit based initiatives and projects, standardizing processes and practices, participating at the system level leading quality teams, looking at practices, identifying gaps in care, and follow through on any findings to ensure the department is providing the safest level of care
- Highly collaborative role - will work closely with CNS peers, nursing leadership, and physicians/intensivists
- Position will collaborate and consult in the management of complex patient and family care by demonstrating clinical expertise
- Will have opportunity to participate in high level, complex research projects
- Exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical Surgical Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (CNS track)
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) required
- New Grad CNS' are encouraged to apply
- Minimum five (5) years recent clinical nursing experience in an acute care Medical Surgical setting (Diabetes, Geriatrics, and/or Oncology are a plus)
- Must be able to use specialized knowledge and skills within the three spheres of influence (patient/family, nurses and organization/system)
- Clinical nursing experience in an academic medical center is preferred
- Must be able to adapt to change, and possess excellent teamwork skills
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.