Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Med/Surg and ICU:
- The community was recently named one of the "Happiest and Healthiest Cities in America"
- Centrally located - just 1.5 hours to Richmond, Virginia and just two (2) hours to Raleigh / Durham
- Cost of living is 9% lower than the US national average.
- Great place to raise a family - affordable housing, excellent public and private schools, and eight (8) universities located within one hour of the city!
- Full benefits package, tuition and certification reimbursement, PTO, 403b matching plan, relocation assistance and a generous sign on bonus will be offered to the successful candidate!
About the Hospital:
- Magnet designated, not for-profit, progressive and growing multiple campus health system
- Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital and Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Stable, visible executive leadership team that understands the value of the CNS to the organization and community
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Med/Surg and ICU Position:
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will receive a very high level of support from the Chief Nursing Officer and nursing leadership team.
- Clinical Nurse Specialists are title protected advance practice nurses in the Commonwealth of Virginia and are fully credentialed through Medical Staff.
- Position will collaborate and consult in the management of complex patient and family care by demonstrating clinical expertise within a specialty through the integration of advanced skills, knowledge, competencies, and practice.
- CNS' are very well supported by a team of educators - this is a true CNS position, not an educator role
- Responsiblities include: introducing and utilizing evidence-based practice, standards of care, and research to transform practice within the organization to enhance quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice, Education and Research.
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Critical Care Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (CNS track)
- New grad CNS' will be considered
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), also recognized as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in med/surg and/or ICU/critical care
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.