Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical/Surgical
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical/Surgical:
- Magnet designated 375 bed teaching hospital and research center in North Carolina
- Position will support a 28 bed med/surg unit that treats a variety of complex patients including diabetic/renal, geriatric, and neuro
- Competive salary based on experience and full benefits package including: tuition reimbursement, five+ weeks of PTO, generous 403b matching plan and employer funded retirement package, relocation assistance
About the Hospital/Department:
- 375 bed not for-profit, growing, progressive medical center that is part of a world-renowned health system
- Outcomes driven, teaching environment that is not satisfied with the status quo. Always seeking to improve and bring evidence based practice to the department and system.
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical/Surgical Position:
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will receive a very high level of support from the Chief Nursing Officer and nursing leadership team.
- Position reports to a transformational and collaborative Nurse Leader who believes in advocating for her team to help them deliver the best patient care, and has been with the system for over 10 years.
- Position will focus on unit based initiatives and projects, standardizing processes and practices, participating at the system level leading quality teams, looking at practices, identifying gaps in care, and follow through on any findings to ensure the department is providing the safest level of care,
- Exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Medical/Surgical Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (CNS track)
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) State of NC
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in medical/surgical, diabetes/renal, and/or geriatrics
- Must be able to use specialized knowledge and skills within the three spheres of influence (patient/family, nurses and organization/system)
- Must be able to adapt to change, and possess excellent teamwork skills
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.