Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), ICU
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), ICU:
- Responsibilities include: introducing and utilizing evidence-based practice, standards of care, and research to transform practice within the organization to enhance quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency
- Position will collaborate and consult in the management of complex patient and family care by demonstrating clinical expertise within a specialty through the integration of advanced skills, knowledge, competencies, and practice.
- Lovely and idyllic community
- Great place to raise a family - affordable housing, excellent public and private schools, and eight (8) universities located within one hour of the city!
- Full benefits package including tuition and certification reimbursement, generous PTO program, 403b matching plan, relocation assistance and a generous sign on bonus will be offered to the successful candidate!
About the Hospital:
- Magnet designated, well-loved multi-campus health system in Virginia
- Position based at its flagship Level II Trauma Center
- Has served its community for over 30 years
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), ICU Position:
- Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) receive a very high level of support from the Chief Nursing Officer and nursing leadership team.
- CNS' are recognized as title protected advance practice nurses in the Commonwealth of Virginia and are fully credentialed through Medical Staff.
- CNS' are very well supported by a team of educators - this is a true CNS position, not an educator role
- CNS' should be able to exemplify the mission and vision for the hospital, nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice, Education and Research.
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), ICU Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (CNS track)
- New graduate CNS' will be considered (with at least three (3) years of ICU nursing experience)
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in critical care
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.