Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Critical Care
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Critical Care:
- Growing and progressive 450+ bed non profit academic medical center currently pursuing Magnet
- Desirable, central, major metro location in the Southeast US - affordable homes, outstanding schools and universities, some of the finest dining and shopping in the country, a vibrant arts and culture scene, and easy access to a major international airport!
- Position will be responsible for serving as the clinical expert for the Neuro ICU Unit
- Competitive salary based on experience and full benefits package including: tuition reimbursement, generous PTO, excellent 403b matching plan and employer funded retirement package, PLUS relocation assistance!
About the Hospital/Department:
- Outcomes driven, teaching environment that is always seeking improvement
- Currently pursuing Magnet
- Utilizes shared governance and evidence based practice, highly collaborative team environment
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Critical Care Position:
- Position will serve as a co-leader of a 12 bed Neuro ICU and will be responsible for developing and managing initiatives and projects, standardizing processes and practices, participating at the system level leading quality teams, looking at practices, identifying gaps in care, and following through on any findings to ensure the department is providing the safest level of care
- This role will function as a true CNS and will be well-supported by a nursing educator
- Position reports to a collaborative and transformational Director of Nursing
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Critical Care Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (CNS track)
- New Grad CNS' will be considered who have a strong clinical background in a Neuro ICU setting
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) required or must be able to obtain
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in a Neurology ICU setting
- Must be able to use specialized knowledge and skills within the three spheres of influence (patient/family, nurses and organization/system)
- Must be able to adapt to change, and possess excellent teamwork skills
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.