Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Critical Care
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Critical Care:
- World-renowned 400+ bed, not for profit hospital and Top 25 US Healthcare System Affiliate
- Major metro US Southeast location
- Research driven, preparing to begin Magnet journey in 2019
- A full benefits package will be offered including competitive base salary, flexible scheduling, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO, automatic 2% employer paid retirement and up to a 4% employer 403b matching plan, and relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate
- The health system employs more CNS' in the state than any other health system or hospital - excellent opportunities for growth and mentorship!
- Healthcare benefits begin on day one (1) - no waiting period!
About the Hospital/Department:
- 400+ bed not for-profit, progressive academic medical center and teaching hospital
- Position will support a very busy 32 bed ICU - our unit treats a variety of medically complex patients with a high level of acuity
- Outcomes driven, teaching environment that is always seeking to improve and bring evidence based practice to the department and system.
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Critical Care Position:
- This is a true CNS position - well-supported by a team of nursing educators
- Position will focus on unit based initiatives and projects, standardizing processes and practices, looking at evidence based practices, identifying gaps in care, and follow through on any findings to ensure the department is providing the safest level of care to its patients
- Highly collaborative role - will work closely with CNS peers, nursing leadership, and physicians/intensivists
- Position will collaborate and consult in the management of complex patient and family care by demonstrating clinical expertise
- Will have opportunity to participate in high level, complex research projects
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Critical Care Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required (Clinical Nurse Specialist track)
- National certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Will consider new grad CNS' with demonstrated clinical experience treating complex ICU patients
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical nursing experience in an ICU or complex Medical Surgical setting
- Must be able to use specialized knowledge and skills within the three spheres of influence (patient/family, nurses and organization/system)
- Should possess the proven ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.