Nealy Pierce has been retained by a nonprofit, Magnet designated medical center that is part of a world-renowned, leading healthcare system to help them identify and attract a Clinical Nurse Specialist to join its Medical/Surgical team with a strong focus on Diabetes. This role will work with other clinical nurse specialists to serve as the Clinical Expert for the service line, focusing on Research, Evidence-Based Practices, and Implementing EBP to the bedside. All CNS' at this organization are supported by a unit-based Educator and have both a System-level and a Specialty-level focus. This is an amazing opportunity to lead one of the top programs in the region for one of the nation's top hospitals.
Highlights/Benefits for the Clinical Nurse Specialist:
- The city is rated #2 in the US for its Quality Of Life for 2020
- Consistently rated as one of the best metropolitan places to live in the US for families, millennials, and those approaching retirement age. This city and region has something for everyone!
- You can have it all living here - central location, affordable homes, year round mild climate, easy access to a major international airport, a quick drive to the mountains AND the beach, excellent public and private schools and universities, world-class shopping and dining, phenomenal arts/cultural events, hiking and biking trails, nearby rivers and lakes for boating and fishing, and so much more!
- Full benefits package including excellent healthcare plans, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement assistance, automatic employer retirement plan and 403b match
- 35 days of PTO in your first year - we recognize the importance of a solid work/life balance
- Relocation assistance will be offered!
About the Hospital:
- 350+ bed Magnet designated, not for-profit, progressive and growing multiple campus academic medical center and health system
- Major focus on research initiatives and providing the highest quality and safety to its community
- Served its community for over 50 years
- Strong level of support from nursing administration and the Vice President of Patient Care Services
About the Clinical Nurse Specialist Position:
- Our CNS' are well supported by a team of educators - these are TRUE CNS positions
- Position will function as an expert in clinical practice, leader, researcher and consultant and will influence three spheres of practice (patient care, nursing and systems)
- Introduce and utilize evidence-based practice, standards of care, and research to transform practice within the workforce and organization to enhance quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Exemplify the mission and vision for the Hospital, Nursing, and the Department of Nursing Practice, Education and Research.
Qualifications and Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist Role:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required
- National Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- CDE preferred (or must be able to obtain)
- Minimum 5- 7 years of clinical nursing experience in med/surg, chronic disease, and/or diabetes
- Be able to work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers, students, instructors, and leaders to ensure the highest quality and patient outcomes
What is a Clinical Nurse Specialist?
- A Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is a Master's or Doctoral prepared Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) whose function is to improve outcomes in patient care. The CNS is an expert in clinical practice, patient education, research, and consultation and uses these roles to influence the three spheres of practice: patient care, nursing, and systems.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume via the link below.